Asking $ 1,899,900.00
Thanks and have a good day.................Wally Day
It,s about the house
The property at 1219 Sunnybrae Rd. is a 1/2 acre lot with a flat top that slopes down to the lake. The
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your
friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
The second picture down was taken of my first boat that I used on Okanagan Lake in 1965. We were on our way up the lake from Penticton B.C.to Commando Bay which was one of our favorite places to picnic.
At this time Cal Van was a major supplier of marine conversion kits so through them I contacted a man in California. He was the designer and builder of a small drag boat called the Glen L Missile.which you could buy and build as a kit. He was kind enough to send me back drawings and instruction on what to do The main thing was to build a full size elevation of the boat from plywood so you could measure things full size. This worked well but drilling the 1" shaft hole through that oak keel at 11 degrees was very difficult. The oak keel was 1 3/4 " thick and 6 ".deep. I had a special bit made out of 1" steel pipe 4 feet long long with case hardened teeth on the cutting end and made to thread on to a 3/4 "drill. This workrd well once we figured out how to get enough pressure on the drill bit. The drill was held in place and on line by 3/4 " plywood props that would not let the drill go off line. It worked perfectly and the whole was off less than 1/16 th of an inch. I installed 2x 8 clear fir engine stringers 10 ft. from the transom screwed to the oak ribs to facilitate installing the engine and V drive unit. The engine was installed about a ft. from the transom. Because of this arrangement the drive shaft was about 20 " long which really reduces vibration. A beautifull Borg Warner Velvet drive reverse gear completed the drive train. The propeller and rudder clearances were right on so the boat performed perfectly. You could take your hands off the wheel at 45 M.P.H. and the boat went straight as a die with no torque pull.
2. You can see a 180 degree view of the lake, mountains and vineyards and a commanding view of Greenbay.and the entrance to the harbour.
4. 115 ft. of sandy beach and beautiful clear water.
5. 7 to 10 ft. of water off the end of the dock during the summer season.
6. Eurasian Milfoil or weeds of any kind are not present in this area of the lake.
7. The bay is well protected from the prevailing westerly winds.
8. The beach area is very private and secluded. Natural tress and wild rose bushes separate the neighbors to the east.The neighbors house to the west is 300ft. away.
9. You can have small fires in the Bar-B-Q pit.
10 The 12X16 ft beach house has power and water and a fridge with an ice maker.
11. You have a choice of swimming in a 20X40ft. swimming pool or the lake.
12. There is very little vehicle traffic passing by the house because it is situated a the end of a dead end street. Very little dust reaches the house.
13. 8 minutes to major grocery and big box stores. Two golf courses are within 10 mins. drive.
14 The road to the beach is accessable with a 4 wheel drive vehicle.
15. It is like owning two properties, the upper one being the house and pool and the lower one is like having summer camp 150ft. away.
16. There is a 45ft. difference in elevation which allows a wonderfull view of the activities going on in the bay such as float planes taking off and landing.
17 There are no mosquitoes and very few bugs and flies.
18. The nature of the bank and the beach properties makes public access along the beach nearly immposible.
East of the Sun is a lakeshore property situated on the west side of Okanagan Lake in West Kelowna. The property is approximately 1/2 acre in size and has 115 ft. of lake frontage. The house sits on the back portion of the lot and is fairly level. A 20x40 ft. swimming pool lies between the house and the bank to the beach. The difference in elevation between the pool and the beach lawn is 46ft. A road wide enough for a 4x4 curves down to the beach.. The beach is sandy with a post and timber wall dividing the sand from the lawn area. A dock 104 ft. long reaches out from the west property line. This dock is 6ft. wide and flares out to 8ft. wide for the last 24ft. The water is 10 ft. deep off the end for most of the summer. A Shore Station boat lift with a steel roof occupies space on the west side of the dock for boats up to 20ft. This lift has an electric motor for raising the boat.The other main feature of the property is the beach cabin. This 12X 16ft. frame building has a steel roof and a mix of siding and cedar shakes and lots of glass for views of the beach and lake. The cabin is equipped with a fridge with ice maker and a sink with running water. A counter with cupboards under and drawers provides space for cutlery and pots and pans etc. A double size hide-a-bed ( chesterfield ), table and four chairs and an easy chair make up the furniture. Most cooking is done on a portable barbeque that is stored in the shed at the rear of the cabin. Two can sleep on the hide-a -bed and two on an air mattress on the floor. There is a tent space on the east corner of the beach near the willow tree for additional sleeping space.This lower part of the property has a fine lawn area with automatic irrigation. A huge wonderful maple tree stands in front of the cabin and provides shade for the cabin and lawn area in front for the hottest part of the day. The property faces due south so you get the rising and setting sun.
The issue is access, since the beach house is located 140 feet beneath the main property down a steep, narrow dirt road, which more closely resembles a path than it does a driveway for a car. However, it wouldn't take, too much to heat the little cabin and I suppose it would be enjoyable on a sunny winter day, for a cup of hot tea and to read a book for awhile. It can get very quiet beside the lake in the winter, if the wind is calm but you can really hear the water fowl and any other critters that remain for the winter. Very peaceful on a calm winters day.